The Configuration Manager (CM) is responsible for configuration management of a software and system development effort. The CM works at the PMO and will be responsible for scheduling, change management, and configuration management. The CM develops or modifies CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental effort and implements industry best practice discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life. The CM will be responsible for implementation of the CM discipline for the entire lifecycle of the systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life. The CM will perform change control and configuration audits. A working knowledge of Systems Engineering is also expected.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Eight (8) years’ experience as a CM in large complex programs of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university is required. A Master's degree may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, thereby reducing the total years of experience to six (6). Four (4) years of additional CM experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- 5 years’ experience with IBM Rational Suite of Configuration management tools – ClearCase and ClearQuest.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Expert MS Project user with experience in creating integrated master schedules with scheduling tools such as MS Project
- Experience working in change management.
- Recent experience working in an Agile development environment managed using JIRA
- CM support at the PMO level with oversight of multiple contractors
- Familiarity with System Integration and System Engineering principles
- Excellent oral and written ability
- Comfortable with working with senior management as well as technical staff
- Like to work in a fast paced work environment