The selected candidate should be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) of logistics, sustainment, acquisition and materiel management. This individual will advise the customer on all aspects of lifecycle sustainment, logistics, and materiel procurement integration to support test and demonstration events. The selected candidate will be required to manage logistics operations during events to include site set up, movement of personnel, goods, equipment and oversee site facilities.
- Perform logistic planning, conduct first line trouble shooting, coordination of maintenance, and repair of mechanical systems (including generators, motors electrical, HVAC etc.)
- Build and maintain constructive relationships among customers, stakeholders, technical teams, and contractors across the customer base.
- Manage disparate located personnel, equipment, conducting/supporting multiple logistics nodes.
- Present briefings to senior leaders and customer stakeholders.
- Identify, develop, and implement efficiencies that enhance productivity and/or reduce overall contract costs to the government.
- Analyze user requirements to develop concept of operations documents, and event requirements specifications.
- Analyze and evaluate (on a quantitative and qualitative basis) support required to sustain operations at alternative locations.
- Develop life cycle cost analysis, estimates and alternatives.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 15 years of general systems engineering experience, a Master’s degree or PhD in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 13 years of general systems engineering experience, or a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of 19 years of general systems engineering experience.
- Must have at least five (5) years of demonstrated experiences in Combat Support Agencies or Services collection strategies and Programs for Record.
- Must have at least five (5) years of demonstrated experiences in Joint Cryptologic operations and capabilities. DNI and USD(I) strategies and policies.
- Demonstrated expertise in logistic planning, the ability to conduct first line trouble shooting, coordination of maintenance, and repair of mechanical systems is preferred.
- Forklift License is preferred.
- Knowledge of the agency’s Installation & Logistic organization is preferred
- Knowledge of how to configure a physical IT network (cabling, wiring, etc…) is preferred.
- Familiar with government shipping process is preferred.
- Physical Demands & Equipment: Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs occasionally
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to comfortably interact with all levels of organizational management.
- Be willing to operate in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision, and possess strong interpersonal, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Be willing to travel; several smaller trips (2-5 days) per year and two longer trips (2 to 5 weeks) per year.