This position will apply principles to various systems assigned for mobile communications research and development, e.g. 4/5G, mobile OS, handset and Internet of Things. The candidate will work with many different customer and IC organizations as they seek to leverage information gained through many diverse studies, developments and laboratory exercises that will push the envelope of modern communications methods and technologies. An ability to view several different approaches and string together the best path for meeting IC requirements with limited resources will be essential; as well as the ability to work with a diverse set of requirements as the organization moves forward.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- This is a full time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Ability to work well with the project leads, technical directors, and portfolio managers involved with modern communication methods
- Experience working with mission product owners and other various customers to derive requirements.
- Experience working many simultaneous developments and studies that will build upon each other.
- Prefer Development or project management experience as well as Community (IC) experience.