Provide technical systems engineering support to Directorate of Operations (DO) Transition and Decommissioning (T&D) Lead and Deputy. These duties encompass the DO engineering activities and operational transition support activities for current and future T&D activities. Support the service desk operations through the triage, coordination, and execution of infrastructure request tickets and collaboration with Customers and Service Providers. Duties include:
- Understand and execute policies and procedures affecting how the Agency performs T&D activities (to include legal, policy, and compliance requirements).
- Perform and document root level analysis of existing legacy system(s) planned for T&D in order to identify mission requirements (data flow, analytics, workflows, etc.) necessary to ensure full transition of mission requirements over to modern architecture.
- Perform or oversee detailed technical system-level decomposition and analysis.
- Document all engineering processes, system analysis via appropriate charts written documents, PowerPoint etc., needed to support management meetings.
- Proactively interact with customer organizations and stakeholders as necessary, to assist in T&D decision-making processes.
- Immediately report discrepancies / issues to DO T&D Lead when identified.
- Assist in documenting root level analysis of identified prototypes planned for integration in order to identify mission requirements (data flows, analytics, workflows, etc.) necessary to ensure full transition of mission requirements over to Capabilities (CAP) supported modern architecture.
- Produce Monthly Metrics report on all Prototype system currently in the process.
- Assist in documenting all engineering processes, system analysis via appropriate charts, written documentations, PowerPoint etc., needed to support all management meetings.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- This is a full time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Experience with IC industry and customer, including mission domain experience in high performance computing and cryptanalysis.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting to complete assigned tasks within expected schedule to complete
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts