The Enterprise Test and Assessment (ETA) Development Test & Evaluation (DT&E) Support Team assists partner programs with their DT&E mission. The ETA DT&E Support Team supports programs with test planning, test execution, and meeting enterprise expectations for conduct and outcomes of DT&E testing. The ETA DT&E Support Team will verify outcomes of designated programs’ development efforts by observing system function, reviewing measures against required performance, and ensuring traceability of accomplished system function to Required Performance Measures (RPM) or Key Performance Parameters (KPP). The ETA DT&E Support Team encourages programs to employ integrated test methodologies to the maximum extent possible.
- Identify disconnects, risks, and concerns with test requirements, criteria, and testing;
- Utilize existing Systems Engineering policies and processes, identify Systems Engineering, interoperability, and testing issues and risks;
- Perform Technical Reviews on enterprise Systems Engineering artifacts and prepare comments and recommendations to the customer Chief Systems Engineer;
- Prepare technical reports with rationale for their recommendations;
- Engage with Operational Test & Assessment team personnel; maintain awareness of status and schedule of programs of interest;
- Curate and propagate DT&E heuristics and best practices;
- Team with agency organizations to develop testing policy and guidelines;
- Advise programs and test teams on current standards, practices, and procedures for integrating, testing, evaluating and transitioning systems and enterprise capabilities;
- Evaluate enterprise capabilities, architectures, system design concepts, requirements, risks and opportunities, and processes for integration, test, evaluation and transition impacts;
- Advise test teams on the design and implementation of test and evaluation strategies;
- Review requirements for testability;
- Participate in reviews of systems and elements under development to ensure traceability of requirements;
- Monitor program preparation and execution of comprehensive test & evaluation plans, procedures and schedules;
- Monitor to ensure system integration, test, evaluation and transition activities are coordinated with other organizations;
- Monitor and advise program test team readiness for system integration, test and evaluation, and transition activities; and
- Recommend necessary changes in testing configurations, testing procedures, testing processes, or new testing requirements
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 15 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 19 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable..
- This position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
Highly Desired individual Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with test planning and implementation for complex software engineering programs.
- Experience with automated test tools, integrated testing, and continuous testing.
- Able to work with supported organizations and test teams to review/improve test planning and execution.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to comfortably interact with all levels of organizational management, be willing to operate in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision, and possess strong interpersonal, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Technical and people skills necessary to collaborate with customers, subject matter experts, and senior technical and programmatic leadership.