Uses systems engineering ideas, principles, and concepts to provide architectural oversight to the design, testing, and integration of the next generation midpoint SIGINT architecture. This task includes systems architecture, analysis of alternatives, system decomposition, interface definition, documentation, and technical recommendations. Additionally, the systems engineer will support the synthesis of various inter-related and interdependent activities across the various agency governing bodies as they relate to designing the next generation midpoint architecture. Serving as an integral member of a small SE team, the selected candidate will provide expertise in the management of various, disparate teams all working on the different components that implement the midpoint mission to ensure they are aligned and strategically coordinated.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Experience leading teams and the associated communications and workflow management.
- Demonstrated systems engineering experience, particularly in the areas of architecture, testing, and integration. Experience with conducting technical reviews, analyses of alternative capabilities/technologies, technical/programmatic risk assessments, and architectural gap analyses.
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills; must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to comfortably interact with all levels of organization management while operating in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of basic SIGINT concepts and terminology
- This is a full time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
- Position requires a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Experience in documenting system design from approved functional and technical requirements.
- Ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical audiences.