Provide systems engineering and other technical assistance to customer’s requirements development and planning for SIGINT systems. The supported organization is the focal point for defining the requirements for the terrestrial SIGINT collection and processing systems and coordinating the deployment and upgrade of those systems. The selected systems engineer will capture and document the requirements for the new and updated systems as well as coordinate and track the sensor projects from requirements, analysis of alternatives, sensor buildout, deployment, and installation, testing and transition to operations. The effort requires participation in numerous meetings, working groups, and integrated product teams, product reviews, and status meetings to monitor the systems engineering plans, development, and deployment of space and ground processing systems. The Systems Engineer will work closely with government Systems Engineers to support the reengineering of the existing SIGINT ground architecture to facilitate the elimination of collection/processing stovepipes and replace the deprecated systems with collections/processing systems that support automation, dynamic tasking, multi-access cross-cueing and orchestration. The selected systems engineer must have knowledge and experience with the SIGINT ground processing architecture and associated systems to be effective in this role.
|Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 15 years of general systems engineering experience, a Master’s degree or PhD in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 13 years of general systems engineering experience, or a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of 19 years of relevant systems engineering experience.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills. This position will involve drafting detailed requirements documentation as well as associated briefings of requirements and status for customer.
- Must have demonstrated experience organizing complex concepts into proposals and briefing slides to support stakeholder engagement, decision making and program status reviews.
- Ability to assist in developing a new or innovative approach to a technical or engineering issue.
- Ability to assist in conducting an evaluation to determine its suitability for project implementation.
- Ability to analyze and propose appropriate engineering standards and processes for a project.
- Ability to facilitate the re-engineering of current ground architecture to meet organizations goals for more interoperability, collaboration, and automation in the tasking, collection, and processing systems.
- Ability to supervise or coordinate the work of other contractor engineers or technicians on a project.
- Must be able to independently make decisions regarding engineering issues and methodology for a project and brief stakeholders and present the status on all technical aspects of their project.
- This is a fulltime position requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- The ideal candidate would be SIGINT Systems Subject Matter Expert. They should be familiar with the end-to-end system including tasking, collection management, collection operations, processing and dissemination components and processes.
- Ability to support re-engineering efforts that focus on automation, multi-access cross cueing, collaboration, and dynamic collection/processing orchestration.
- A familiarity with Overhead SIGINT systems collection management and architecture is useful, especially where they might employ best practices that may be suitable for adoption within the Terrestrial collection systems architecture.
- Experience with program management or experience providing engineering support to a full life cycle project is highly desired.