Analyzes user's requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop data requirements specifications. Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities. Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies. Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design and technology. Assists in developing technical documentation. Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues, or conflicts. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
- Performing high-level data requirements analysis to support application of data standards across the enterprise. Duties require a broad range of knowledge including information technology, requirements, technical architecture analysis (e.g., understanding data flow diagrams, system architecture diagrams, etc.), and an understanding of functional and system analysis.
- Coordinating across teams that leverage multiple development methodologies, Agile (Scrum & Kanban), etc.
- Possessing an instinctive aptitude to leverage information and knowledge sharing networks and navigate conflict in a way that fosters constructive outcomes.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment and have the flexibility to support various stakeholders.
- Must be able to efficiently investigate complex issues, project limitations, and capabilities to provide solutions in a dynamic, complex, production environment.
- Must have the ability to effectively interface with customers, system administrators, database team members, software developers, and senior-level management.
The selected candidate will demonstrate the aptitude to learn and grow in the following areas.
- Learning and understanding data models and data architecture documents.
- Maintaining awareness of commercial data standards and community data standardization activities.
- Types of skills that excel in this position include:
- Requirements Gathering, customer-facing preferred
- Data Analysis
- Systems Analysis
- Project Management
- SIGINT understanding
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Depending on LCAT, Bachelor’s degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 0 to 15 years of general systems engineering experience, a Master’s degree or PhD in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 0 to 13 years of general systems engineering experience, or a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of 5 to 19 years of general systems engineering experience.
- This is a full time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- At least 5 years performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.