Support a customer organization that designs, builds, tests, deploys, and integrates capabilities, services, and products that are destined for the agency’s SIGINT midpoint field sites. The Midpoint SE team is a small group of engineers providing support for the next generation midpoint capabilities. The team provides systems and process engineering expertise to the various, disparate product teams to ensure their capabilities and services are aligned to the larger midpoint strategy and architecture framework.
The Process Engineer will work with systems engineers to document and refine the midpoint strategy, review product roadmaps, explore next generation technologies, and develop the processes and workflows to combine new technology concepts with future product roadmaps in a way that advances the midpoint mission. The Process Engineer will work with cross-functional, cross-organizational teams to ensure their budgets and acquisition timelines are aligned to develop and deploy the next generation equipment. The engineer will identify any new and/or existing processes and/or procedures needed for the future systems. The engineer will assist the senior system engineers to develop a proposed schedule for all next generation systems by working with the PMs and TDs to develop transitional roadmaps into future solutions. The Process Engineer will be highly skilled in the ability to document the day and life of a system, breaking down what each system does, documenting what the new system must be capable of and building an implementable plan for transition of services.
The Process Engineer will:
- Support systems management planning;
- Build technical plans;
- Develop documentation for the configuration of systems and equipment to the network;
- Assist in analyzing problems to determine technical solutions;
- Make proposal on what procedures will be required to solve technical problems;
- Assist in developing conceptual designs or models to address requirements;
- Assist in researching new capabilities and plan evaluations;
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Fifteen (15) years' experience with Process Improvement on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Experience is to include, within the past ten (10) years, five (5) years’ experience in facilitation, training, methodology development and evaluation, process engineering across all phases of acquisition identifying best practices, change management, business management techniques, organizational development, activity and data modeling, or information system development methods and practices.
- A Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, business, or education from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- This is a full time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Develop the plans for process assessments, both informal and formal
- Coordinate and schedule process assessments
- Lead assessment teams in conducting both formal and informal assessments
- Assess Process Improvement progress and report findings
- Assist in defining Process Improvement strategy and lessons learned
- Interpret and promote the use of Process Improvement best practices
- Ensure processes are established and documented to support the application and institutionalization of sound systems and software engineering discipline and continuous process improvement
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting to complete assigned tasks within expected schedule; and
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts.
- Familiarity with the requirements management process from the beginning to the end.
- Good analytical skills.
- Able to work with top-level government management and to work as a team member.
- Ability to prioritize projects/tasks based on government requirements.
- Ability to break down complex problems and offer solutions and or recommendations for a way forward.
- Ability to create process and or procedure documents. (i.e.Flow charts, Check list, SOPs, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of customer’s overall mission areas