The technical SETA contractor will be responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Writes and edits technical documentation for all of the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation. Creates code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- A candidate must have six years of experience in technical writing and a bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university. Four years of additional technical writing experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications.
- Gather technical information, prepares written text.
- Maintain a current internal documentation library.
- Use multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
- Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity.
- Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications, MOUs, SLAs, etc.
- Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences.
- Under general direction, write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity.
- Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Strong oral and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work within a team setting to complete assigned tasks within expected schedule to complete.
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge effort.