The Senior Systems Engineer will provide support to the customer’s Cross Access Geolocation (XAG) Infrastructure, Enabling, and Support (IES) Team. The XAG IES supports capabilities development and enhancement planning support for the IC-community effort to develop a robust, flexible and efficient ad hoc signals geolocation capability using the All-Domain Overhead Cooperative Operations (AOCO) Joint Intelligence Community Directive (JICD) 4.2 based protocols. The selected individual will serve as the lead engineer for planning to address geolocation mission requirements to produce timely location estimates at a high rate against an ever increasing array of signal types. This requirement will drive the delivery of capabilities to support much higher capacity and availability requirements than is currently possible. The Senior Systems Engineer will directly support the execution of a study to evaluate the current software application’s messaging performance envelope, and the way forward to provide an infrastructure capable of supporting high geolocation production rates. The study is to produce the following:
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Using the legacy geolocation capabilities as a typical high capacity geo missions, determine an appropriate evaluation methodology to test the current network and document the results.
- Use the results of the evaluation to determine a set of high-level system requirements.
- Create requirements for (and manage the implementation of) a Test/Evaluation Environment that will exist past the evaluation study. The Test Environment will be used for DTE’s, training, and possible sensor collection scenario development.
- Bachelor’s degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 20 years of general systems engineering experience, a Master’s degree or PhD in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 18 years of general systems engineering experience, or a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of 24 years of general systems
- Strong working knowledge of software messaging architectures such as Java Messaging Service ActiveMQ (OPENWIRE), especially as related to evaluation of system topology and data throughput, load testing, and capacity modeling and estimation to facilitate the creation of service level agreements and to inform the direction of future capability development efforts.
- A working knowledge of signals geolocation technique driven data exchange requirements.
- Experience providing systems engineering support to component-, system-, and operational-level testing.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Familiarity with existing cooperative geolocation systems protocols (JICD 3.3, 4.1, 4.2) and associated infrastructure would be extremely helpful.
- Experience with evaluation of network capacity metrics and throughput modeling is highly desirable.