Provide support and related services to the implementation of enterprise data representations in various mission domains. The successful individual will perform end-to-end systems engineering for data flows from the perspective of data format modeling, data mapping, and support to implementers and mission customers. This position requires strong software and systems engineering expertise from cradle to grave with limited, high-level direction, in the areas of:
- Performing high-level data requirements analysis to support application of data standards across the enterprise. Duties require a broad range of knowledge including information technology, requirements, technical architecture analysis (e.g., understanding data flow diagrams, system architecture diagrams, etc.), and an understanding of functional and system analysis.
- Coordinating across teams that leverage multiple development methodologies, Agile (Scrum & Kanban), etc.
- Possessing an instinctive aptitude to leverage information and knowledge sharing networks and navigate conflict in a way that fosters constructive outcomes.
The selected candidate will demonstrate the aptitude to learn and grow in the following areas.
- Integrating national and tactical data architectures into enterprise data representations (or formats) that can produce outputs to support multiple system architectures. This includes systems and data architecture and integration, data modeling, and data mapping in direct support of enterprise technology leadership.
- Maintaining awareness of commercial data standards and community data standardization activities.
- Corporate architecture and tools to include the Event Warehouse, Content Warehouse.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience for SE6 candidates (2 years for SE2, 6 years for SE3, 10 years for SE4, and 15 years for SE5). A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 4 additional years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable in lieu of a qualifying college degree.
- NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch, Snowflake, etc).
- AWS/GCP (or our local variants – MASH/C2S).
- Containers (docker).
- Orchestration (Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Salt).
- Data Wrangling (munging/moving/transferring it).
- Open source/GITHUB.
- This is a full time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.