The contractor will perform the following activities:
- Serve as a principal advisor to the Government on all matters, technical and otherwise, involving the security of an Information System (IS);
- Provide the detailed knowledge and expertise required to manage the security aspects of an IS. Maintain responsibility for the day-to-day security operations of the system. Responsibilities may also include:
- Security Control Validation Visits
- Secure Configuration and Change management
- Event Management
- Account Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Security Incident Management
- POA&M Management
- Collaborate with the System Owner to maintain Approval to Operate (ATO), including the resolution of any Plans of Action & Milestones (POA&M) documents issued by the DAO;
- Develop and provide update System security Plans (SSPs) and supporting documentation (e.g. SECONOPs, diagrams, Privileged User’s Guide);
- Respond to any data calls;
- Perform reviews of technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommended mitigation strategies
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline and at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s or PhD Degree may be substituted for two years of experience. Note: a High School Diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Demonstrated Information System Security Engineering expertise with a strong knowledge in both current and legacy Security Risk Management Framework (certification & accreditation) processes and procedures.
- Ability to analyze user requirements always using the governing security requirements to develop any security documentation.
- Demonstrated teamwork & flexibility in developing realistic, achievable solutions for a variety of systems security engineering and program management endeavors.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting to complete assigned tasks within expected schedule to complete
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts
- DoD8570 compliance with Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2 or higher is required
- This is a full time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Bix Fix experience a plus