The contractor shall provide systems engineering support to the customer’s high-level end-to-end IT requirements definition. Specifically, these contractors shall support the Predesign step of the customer’s Enhanced Solution Process.
The contractor shall support writing the Mission Need requests (high-level functional system requirements) and provide analysis of the mission needs in development including initial scoping, identification of deficiencies that need resolution, and identification of affected domains and potential remedies to be evaluated. Additionally, the contractor shall support the initial scoping and categorization of the effort required to provide the solution which shall be graphically depicted and presented to decision-making boards
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD can be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Three or more years of recent experience in writing and managing functional requirements.
- A minimum of three years’ successful recent experience with requirements development and documentation for system engineering processes and procedures.
- This is a full time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Familiarity with the customer’s environment, domains, programs and projects
- Significant experience with Intelligence Community customers, their missions and infrastructures.
- Customer interface experience with user-centered knowledge and demonstrated ability to translate user interviews/observations into domain descriptions, workflow diagrams, and identify problem areas within them.
- Employ sound system engineering and human-machine interaction principles to develop, vet with customers, and refine high-level conceptual designs in response to identified problems. Comfortable with visual representation design and interactive prototyping.
- Use of Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, and or other presentation software to develop clear graphical representations of “current” and “to be” views of the Mission Needs and their solutions.
- Good analytic, problem definition/identification, problem solving/mitigation skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Metrics experience to include ability to use automation to generate effective reports, dashboards, and metrics that Senior Leadership can use to make decisions and provide real-time tracking and reporting of MN operational status.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with customers.
- Demonstrated customer interface experience in eliciting technical requirements.
- Experience working on project development from requirements definition to deployment.