Provide systems engineering support to a Data Quality and Change Management organization in support of the Chief Data Officer. This position will develop the plans for authoritative data source certification processes and apply process engineering, change management, and data modeling in support of the organization’s activities. The SE will evaluate processes to address problems with work flows, organization structure and alignment and planning, and assist in defining process improvement strategies and lessons learned.
This Systems Engineer will provide systems engineering expertise in scoping, planning, monitoring, and generating systems engineering artifacts to support the activities above, and assist the government in leading cross-directorate Integrated-Product Teams [IPTs] to engage stakeholders in accomplishing the work.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Subject Matter Expert in 1 or more SE Process Areas; Approve delivery of SE work product, and briefing Stakeholders on all technical aspects of their Project.
- Ability to plan and deliver engineering projects with unique/ complex aspects that impact major capabilities of high priority to the enterprise.
- Ability to independently resolve important engineering issues requiring the use of advanced technology.
- Five or more years’ experience supporting programs and projects within this customer space.
- This is a full-time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Experience in technical program/ project management/ project implementation highly desired.
- Experience in data modeling, collaborating with others, and monitoring and preparing documentation.
- Experience in writing and/or managing the development of functional requirements and other related SE documentation.
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in development/ implementation of SE processes and procedures.
- Experience with Confluence / JIRA managing Systems Engineering Projects.