We have a current requirement for a highly experienced systems engineer at the customer's Annapolis Junction complex. The selected individual will provide systems engineering analysis, requirements development and planning, monitoring of development and integration efforts, and verification and validation support to a geolocation-related effort. Their efforts will be focused on enabling customer’s goals for an enhanced robust, flexible, and efficient ad hoc signals geolocation capability. The systems engineer will:
- Provide support to the development of requirements to support new and enhanced signal geolocation capabilities.
- Coordinate the development and revision of technical standards and capability development plans with internal and intelligence community partners.
- Work with stakeholders to enhance interoperability among various signal geolocation systems through establishment of standards for data exchange and system interfaces.
- Conduct analysis of current geolocation infrastructure, develop courses of action to deploy improved capabilities.
- Assist in developing transition plans and processes related to services that include data links, networks, government communication systems, interfaces, and processing systems.
- Aid the customer with analysis of alternatives, to include helping establish decision criteria, performing evaluations, and decision recommendations,
- Produce system engineering and technical documentation, develop master schedules, and support validation and verification activities, and
- Serve as liaison to critical personnel in monitoring the state of project development milestones.
- This is a full time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Experience with system development and collaborative standards development.
- Assist in planning, developing, deploying, securing, and operating the Information Technology Infrastructure (for all domains) across the customer enterprise.
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux environments, databases, backups/storage, and networking.
- Ability to provide risk analysis, evaluate test results, if needed, identify and report health status of activities, to aid in ensuring the health and compatibility of enterprise and mission.
- Ability to provide gap analysis and risk analysis in understanding the significance and probability of identified risks.
- Must be able to effectively communicate required activities, compliance information, and technical information with enterprise personnel.
- This is a Full-Time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Strong working knowledge of various signals geolocation techniques and systems
- Familiarity with software messaging frameworks.
- Familiarity with various All Domain Cooperative Operations Joint Interface Control Specifications, Concepts of Operations, and systems implementations.