We have a current requirement for an experienced Java Test Engineer (TE) to support the government Test Manager with planning, test oversight, and verification and validation activities as part of a customer organization at an Annapolis Junction Maryland Complex. The selected Test Engineer will support the government’s effort to establish a formal audit for the Unified Targeting Tool development efforts. In particular, the Test Engineer will assist the government Test Manger with by providing:
- Expertise in Test Configuration Management,
- Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) strategy development,
- Test planning to include advise on design and implementation of test and evaluation strategies,
- Technical reviews on Systems Engineering/Testing artifacts, and prepare comments and recommendations,
- Participation in reviews of systems and elements under development to ensure traceability of requirements,
- Engagement with Government’s procured development test team on test planning, feature mapping, bug fixes, technical debt,
- Awareness of status and schedule of programs of interest,
- Monitoring of program preparation and execution of comprehensive test and evaluation plans, procedures, and schedules,
- Coordination to ensure system integration, test, evaluation, and transition activities remain aligned across all stakeholders,
- Recommendations of necessary changes in testing configurations, testing procedures, testing process, or new testing requirements,
- Providing the Government Technical Manager with IV&V assisting during testing activities, and
- Planning for and monitoring of User Acceptance Testing.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Eight (8) years of experience as a TE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Bachelor's degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Statistics, Engineering Management or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional TE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Be experienced in software testing of systems at the component, integration, systems, and end-to-end levels.
- This is a full-time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Experience with JAVA and J2EE
- Experience with software development and testing on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Operating Systems,
- Experience with software development on HPE Blade Center C7000, HPE Synergy, and Oracle ZFS hardware,
- Experience with using MS Office Suite, Oracle DBMS, JIRA, Confluence, and GIT