This is a full-time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year; and work is performed at the customer site. As a Geolocation Systems Engineer on our team you will provide systems engineering analysis, requirements development and planning, monitoring of development and integration efforts, and verification and validation support to a geolocation-related effort. Your efforts will be focused on enabling customer’s goals for an enhanced robust, flexible, and efficient ad hoc signals geolocation capability. You will:
- Provide support to the development of requirements to support new and enhanced signal geolocation capabilities.
- Coordinate the development and revision of technical standards and capability development plans with internal and intelligence community partners.
- Work with stakeholders to enhance interoperability among various signal geolocation systems through establishment of standards for data exchange and system interfaces.
- Conduct analysis of current geolocation infrastructure, develop courses of action to deploy improved capabilities.
- Assist in developing transition plans and processes related to services that include data links, networks, government communication systems, interfaces, and processing systems.
- Aid the customer with analysis of alternatives, to include helping establish decision criteria, performing evaluations, and decision recommendations,
- Produce system engineering and technical documentation, develop master schedules, and support validation and verification activities, and
- Serve as liaison to critical personnel in monitoring the state of project development milestones.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Experienced with Systems Engineering in support of SIGINT collection systems and employment concepts.
- Experience with system development and collaborative standards development.
- Assist in planning, developing, deploying, securing, and operating the Information Technology Infrastructure (for all domains) across the customer enterprise.
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux environments, databases, backups/storage, and networking.
- Ability to provide risk analysis, evaluate test results, if needed, identify and report health status of activities, to aid in ensuring the health and compatibility of enterprise and mission.
- Ability to provide gap analysis and risk analysis in understanding the significance and probability of identified risks.
- Must be able to effectively communicate required activities, compliance information, and technical information with enterprise personnel.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph