This is a full-time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year; and work is performed at the customer site. As a Data Scrum Master Systems Engineer on our team you will help oversee the scrum and development team; provide knowledge in Agile methodology and scrum and be able to educate others; act as a buffer between the scrum team and product owner; and maintain a safe working environment for the team by helping with conflict resolution. To work as a scrum master, you need to hold some level of scrum master certification. Any experience working on a scrum team is beneficial, and the more experience the better. You will need to be able to think fast to help solve problems. Communication skills are a plus, as you will be communicating with the development and scrum teams and product owner. Leadership skills are a must as well. This position is responsible in the areas of:
- Backup to the Government Scrum Master using Agile methodology and scrum practices
- Helping the product owner and development team to achieve customer satisfaction
- Lead the scrum and development teams in self-organization
- Remove impediments and coach the scrum team on removing impediments
- Help the scrum and development teams to identify and fill in blanks in the Agile framework
- Resolve conflicts and issues that occur
- Help the scrum team achieve higher levels of scrum maturity
- Support the product owner and provide education where needed
The selected candidate will demonstrate the aptitude to learn and grow in the following areas.
- Understanding the team’s integration of national and tactical data architectures into enterprise data representations (or formats) that can produce outputs to support multiple system architectures. This includes systems and data architecture and integration, data modeling, and data mapping in direct support of enterprise technology leadership.
- Maintaining awareness of commercial data standards and community data standardization activities.
- Corporate architecture and tools to include the Event Warehouse, Content Warehouse.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 20 years of general systems engineering experience, a Master’s degree or PhD in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 18 years of general systems engineering experience, or a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of 24 years of general systems engineering experience.
- Prior experience on a scrum team
- Ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict
- Knowledgeable in techniques to fill in gaps in the scrum
- Ability to determine what is scrum and what is not
- Experience with successful Agile techniques
- Ability to work with and lead a team
- Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.