Responsible for the preparation, review, revision / edit, and maintenance of technical documents including systems engineering, system operations, and user documentation. Writes and edits technical documentation, prepare and produce notes for/from technical meetings for all of the projects. Provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources. Help and assist with managing SharePoint libraries.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related discipline plus at least 10 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 14 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Three or more years of recent experience in writing and managing functional requirements.
- A minimum of three years’ successful recent experience with requirements development and documentation for system engineering processes and procedures.
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Excellent writing skills.
- Metrics experience to include ability to use automation to generate effective reports, dashboards, and metrics that can be effectively used by Senior Leadership to make decisions and provide real-time tracking and reporting of MN operational status.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with customers.
- Demonstrated customer interface experience in eliciting technical requirements.
- Use of Visio, PowerPoint, or other presentation software to develop clear graphical representations.
- Good analytic, problem definition/identification, problem solving/mitigation skills.
- Experience working on project development from requirements definition to deployment.
- Process engineering experience.
- Structure and content management, relying heavily on graphics and design
- Microsoft (MS) Project skills needed and Microsoft Scheduler Experience is a key requirement.
- Understanding of the budget/funding process within the Agency.