This is a full-time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year; and work is performed at the customer site. As a Digital Streaming Analytics Systems Engineer on our team you will support our customer’s effort to integrate a near real-time, digital streaming analytics capability into an existing data processing system. The selected individual will provide systems engineering (SE) services to aid the customer in interfacing their existing system with an enterprise streaming architecture platform for streaming analytic development and operational and HIC implementation efforts in their streaming solutions organization. This position will work at the customer’s complex in North Laurel, Maryland. The selected individual will:
- Provide systems engineering to aid in design of a framework for the ingest, egress, and mission management major components. The design should allow for multiple engines to run streaming analytics.
- Provide engineering services to aid customer in assessing the viability of proposed technology stack changes to the strategic indications and warning programs and related efforts, to include software requirements definitions, test software validation and verification processes, and implementation of integration activities to ensure synchronization with larger corporate and enterprise processes;
- Create process documentation, migration plans, and program-level SE artifacts;
- Contribute to the oversight of programs from an SE perspective; participate in Integrated Product Teams (IPTs); identify SE areas that need assistance from “above” program SE; review SE documentation and briefings;
- Monitor program status and report, with issues and resolutions, to the Lead Systems Engineer (LSE) and team;
- Provide technical assistance to the Forward Deployed LSEs in planning, scheduling, road map development, and with the development and maintenance of engineering products,
- Design components of the streaming framework in concert with the customer architecture team as coordinated/tasked by the COR-T,
- Provide engineering services in the areas of organizing and coordinating with stakeholders (PM, developers, SWIT, software development and operational testers) to plan, implement, and execute development and sustainment strategies,
- Guide and oversee the development and implementation of SE processes between TechSIGINT and streaming analytic services organization,
- Document as-is and to-be architectures for analytic system services platform and developments;
- Assist in the development of the Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP), and other program documentation plans; and
- Provide systems engineering support to software developers of existing framework for streaming analytics with standards interfaces. This support would include participating in SPRINT planning, contribute to creation of user stories.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 10 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 14 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Experience providing systems engineering support to software development efforts.
- Knowledge of streaming analytics technologies such as Azure streaming analytics, Amazon Kinesis, Apache Kafka, IBM Stream Analytics, Google Cloud Dataflow, Confluent or other similar technologies
- Experience in requirements elicitation, functional analysis and requirements deconstruction/decomposition.
- Basic understanding of modern software design practices, and development methodologies.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- The ideal candidate would have provided systems engineering support to a system that has implemented a streaming analytic capability, especially if that capability was replacing previous data-at-rest batch processing solutions.