This is a full-time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year; and work is performed at the customer site. As a Compliance Systems Engineer on our team you will support the customer’s compliance capabilities effort located at their Laurel, Maryland Complex. The goal of the compliance capabilities effort is the integration of consistent compliance capabilities across the organization and Intelligence Community IT Enterprise Architectures to enable end-to-end compliance with U.S. laws and policies designed to protect U.S. Person information. The selected engineer will:
- Support the development of systems engineering documentation of systems and their relationships, including the input, processing, output of data for the purposes of compliance with all laws and policies governing the handling of Signal Intelligence (SIGINT) collection and protection of US person’s privacy.
- Support the conduct of assessments of current system of record for recording compliance status of customer functional systems including ability to identify each system and the controls that should be in place to ensure compliance.
- Document system communication with the enterprise compliance services and support the development of plans for continuous monitoring.
- Document, in concert with the organization’s development team and other team engineers, recommended implementation plans to modify tool to support continuous monitoring of compliance controls and to tie the compliance certified NPEs within the functional system Systems Security Plans (SSP) so that ATO can be appropriately assigned to the system upon compliance certification.
- Assist planning and development of conceptual and technical requirements/solutions.
- Assist in conducting effectiveness studies and trade-off analyses of current and future systems, programs, and techniques and present findings to the customer.
- Interface with the customer compliance group to determine the applicable compliance program requirements.
- Draft, review, update, and coordinate technology compliance and related policies, processes, and procedures based upon guidance and feedback from the government.
- In concert with other team engineers, support the analysis of, legal and policy documents in order to identify legal and technical implications that might affect large-scale corporate information systems.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 6 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 10 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Experience with one or more of the following: requirements analysis, functional deconstruction, apportionment of requirements to system components.
- Experience with documentation of systems, and systems of systems in accordance with systems engineering standards and practices.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- A basic understanding of customer compliance rules and policies would be ideal but selected individual will be provided formal customer compliance policy training upon assignment to the task.