This is a full-time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year; and work is performed at the customer site. As a Use Case Systems Engineer on our team you will support the our customer organization’s effort to enable artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) across their mission architecture. The organization plans and orchestrates the delivery of critical AI/ML capabilities across organizational boundaries. The systems engineer will facilitate this effort by working with subject matter experts to assess customer needs and through the development of use case documentation. The selected individual will:
- develop mission use cases for AI/ML analytics in the context an AI/ML-enabled architecture,
- perform analysis and provide recommendations pertaining to proposed AI/ML architecture designs and proposals
- work with organizations to coordinate and help shape interactions on AI/ML deployments with the customer’s enterprise,
- support cross investment portfolio across the enterprise on implementation strategies, engineering processes, identification of gaps/needs, identification of efficiencies/duplication, and transitioning and decommissioning.
- In concert with AI/ML subject matter experts, draft mission thread diagrams
- Create thread reviews respective to the organization, a set of use cases, mission outcomes, and measure of success.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 10 years of general systems engineering experience, a Master’s degree or PhD in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 8 years of general systems engineering experience, or a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of 14 years of general systems.
- The candidate should have experience documenting mission threads, mission processes, and use cases, with an emphasis on establishing and maintaining consistency of symbology and other elements across a disparate set of artifacts.
- Should be able to produce artifacts that effectively depict how the AI/ML functional components will be integrated into the mission threads, use cases and workflows.
- A basic exposure to formal systems engineering process analysis and documentation.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- The ideal candidate would have a general working knowledge of AI/ML concepts but would not need to have any depth of knowledge.
- A working knowledge of customer’s current analytic systems and associated processes would be useful.