Job Description: This is a full-time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year; and work is performed at a customer location. As a Process Engineer on our team, you will support the government customer in the tracking of required hardware, software and any renewals, adhere to the Government’s Property Accountability process, gather and document equipment/software requests, and ensure appropriate Power/Space/Cooling (PSC) as required, and support the tracking of CSD/CNO owned software licenses. In addition, the successful candidate will interpret and promote the use of Process Improvement best practices, ensure System Engineering processes are established and documented to support the application and institutionalization of sound systems engineering discipline and continuous process improvement, manage hardware and software maintenance, develop tracking system and manage infrastructure hardware and software, coordinate with System Engineering (SE) team and management on common infrastructure components and impact to current system implementations, document requirements in support of out-year planning, manage migration from existing System Security Plan (SSP) to Landlord/Tenant SSPs, and work with SE team to develop application documentation and agreements across Landlord and tenant organization.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Fifteen (15) years of experience with Process Improvement on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Experience is to include, within the last ten years, five years of experience in facilitation, training, methodology development and evaluation, process engineering across all phases of acquisition identifying best practices, change management techniques, organizational development, activity and data modeling, or information system development methods and practices.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or Education from an accredited college or university is required. A High School diploma and four years of additional experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Position requires a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
- Manage the system refreshes from initiation thru decommissioning. Includes:
- Develop and manage a schedule
- Hold kick-off meetings and regular status meetings with all stakeholders for system refreshes
- Work in concert with the engineering group to develop applicable system documentation to include DODAF architectural depictions
- Coordinate hardware installation
- Initiate, guide, and coordinate all data migration activities and customer acceptance testing
- Provide necessary documentation to ISSOs
- Plan and coordinate decommissioning activities
- Plan, manage, and implement transitions of systems from external organizations.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team setting to complete assigned tasks within an expected time frame
- Adaptable to a dynamic work environment