This is a full-time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year; and work is performed at the customer site. As a SETA on our team you will provide transition and decommission support services to a data flow and routing systems engineering team to support the transition and decommission of legacy systems. Required support includes documenting system functionality, features, interconnections, dependencies and performance and degradation. You will support configuration management functions by creating visual representations of the system, depicting system inputs, servers, processes and system outputs (configuration management).
- Support T&D requirements and processes to include project planning/management/monitor/control, risk/mitigation management
- Assist with developing, evaluating, documenting and creating new system designs, facilitating technology transition, and evaluating solutions.
- Document and/or validate the current system design against the as-is implementation. Identify, characterize and map system limitation vs customer expectations.
- Support the management and modernization of data formats and coordinate changes/modifications.
- Provide support to technical leaders by coordinating activities pertaining to the development, documentation and maintenance associated with changes to the system.
- Support cross-directorate Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), and engage stakeholders in accomplishing work for technology insertion projects.
- Research and document dataflow processes according to standards of compliance in support of the Enterprise Data Header (EDH) initiatives. Support will include research, analysis, documentation, and integration of how data can be identified, protected, tracked and handled throughout its life cycle.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline and at least 15 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s or PhD Degree may be substituted for two years of experience. Note: a High School Diploma or GED plus 19 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Broad experience in the system engineering disciplines, with experience in dataflow analysis, transitioning and decommissioning, system architecture.
- Demonstrated experience in cross-program/cross-organization integration; ability to work constructively and successfully with diverse stakeholders to resolve mission and technical issues is critical
- A self-starter, have a high level of attention to detail, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and be proficient with Microsoft Office Tools.